Monday, June 30, 2014

One Year Older and Wiser Too


Hello again my friends my family and those i dont know who read my letters
This week was good as all my weeks are but it was better because it was my birthday! 
I am old and wise now! This week was good with all of our investagators many investigators who want to bet baptised, We just have to work with them and the spirit to overcome addictions and such. But my investigators are happy so I am happy. This week was full of suprises, first my district suprised me on my birthday after a meeting and we had a little party, it consisted of lucky charms and peanut butter! I loved it! (I even used the high calcium milk, I went all out for my birthday) I even got to use the largest cereal bowl! then an elder in our house made a cake and we stuck a lit match in for a candle, basicaly the best birthday! also I found out that we were going to be able to go to the Temple on Saturday! So beautiful! it was the first time I was able to go sense I have been here! then the next day we had our last concert, we did one more for the mission president who finishes tomorrow!
This week was good but I want to leave with a small thought 
by President Monson
"Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were—better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before.
This should be our purpose—to persevere and endure, yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrow. Were it not for challenges to overcome and problems to solve, we would remain much as we are, with little or no progress toward our goal of eternal life."
And Elder Richard G Scott

"So it is with our Heavenly Father. His plan of happiness is conceived so that we will have challenges, even difficulties, where decisions of great importance must be made so that we can grow, develop, and succeed in this mortal probation. 1 Gratefully, in His perfect love, He has provided a way for us to resolve those challenges while growing in strength and capacity. I speak of the sustaining power of faith in times of uncertainty and testing.
...
God uses your faith to mold your character. Character is the manifestation of what you are becoming. Strong moral character results from consistent correct choices in the trials and testing of life. Your faith can guide you to those correct choices. Clearly, it is what you do and what you think about that determine what you are and what you will become. Therefore, the choices you make need to be inspired by the Lord. Others can encourage you to make the right decisions, but those choices must not be prescribed by them. You need to ponder, pray, and exercise faith to willingly make choices consistent with the teachings of the Master. Such choices are made with trust in things that are believed and when acted upon will be confirmed. Only enough guidance is given to lead you aright and not to weaken your growing character. That guidance will solidify your trust in Heavenly Father and the Savior."
Im sorry that is so long but I know that the good in this life is for us, I also know that the bad in this life is for us. God gave us this life to have joy and to grow. I know growth comes by challage, faith comes by trails, if we didnt have temptation for the bad we would never have the oppertunity to choose the good and progress in this life. But the beauty is we never have more trials than we can bear, and we are never alone. I know that this is true. I am so happy that I can be helping people in tahiti choose the good and have more joy in their lives!
Because when there happy im happy!
Thank you for the Birthday wishes and your love!
I love you all so much 
have a good week
and be happy

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment