Monday, June 2, 2014

Big fat Tahitian wedding

Iaorana



How are my friends and family today! This week was really good, it is weird to me that I have been out on my mission for almost 1/4 of my mission and I’m just now finishing training, goodness 2 languages really takes a lot of time! But it is so worth it, Tahiti and the people here are so amazing, like today we were buying our food for the week (noodles, pickles, juice, peaches) and this lady just came over and paid for us she told us she used to be a member but she is inactive, she laughed and said "if you cant already tell by my cart", she must of owned a small roadside liquor shop or maybe a night club? Because no one person could consume that much alcohol. But she was so nice and I am so thankful that people have the capability to be that kind! She blessed our day! Oh also the missionaries in the area next to us changed so we have a Tahitian in the house, Elder Gruhn, He just finished serving in the outer islands and he speaks okay French, way better Tahitian, its true what’s yours is theirs and what is theirs is yours, my frootloops were gone so fast. But I don’t think he knows where I put my applesauce so it’s okay with me! haha he is awesome!

So also this week was the wedding of two of our investigators and it was so good! After the ceremony they have this amazing Tahitian dinner and we were asked to sit at the table of honor (basically the fat table) you just sit and people re load plate of food and bring them over for you, I was kinda excited. I regretted that, so me and My companion sat by Tetuaura the momi of the family who we also teach, If my plate had any bit of room on it she would push plates of food towards me and stare at me until I took some. She cared more about how we were eating then her own daughter on her wedding day. I was glad I didn’t have to get up because I don’t think I could have! so after dinner I was so full and they cut the wedding cake. It was nice until a massive plate of cake appeared in front of me, I ate it, because you know I was at the fat table and momi's side glances pushed me right along. I guess two pieces of cake wasn’t enough because three more appeared, good grief! momi asked us if we wanted more frosting, didn’t matter what we said, I kid you not I had more frosting then cake on my plate, I was so sick, I hate the fat table of honor I never want to go there again! so I don’t know what kind of fat wedding the Greeks have but I know how fat I feel after the Tahitian ones! so that was good though! oh also exciting news 3 hours before we were told we had to speak to our ward and we had the whole hour, I talked about missionary work and how everyone can be involved in missionary work, you can just do small things, help, serve, invite. because it is by the small things like kind words, loving deeds that can really bring about large changes in someone’s life. Reminds me of President Monsons talk.



Love is expressed in many recognizable ways: a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment. Other expressions may be more subtle, such as showing interest in another’s activities, teaching a principle with kindness and patience, visiting one who is ill or homebound. These words and actions and many others can communicate love.

Dale Carnegie, a well-known American author and lecturer, believed that each person has within himself or herself the “power to increase the sum total of [the] world’s happiness … by giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged.” Said he, “Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.”12

May we begin now, this very day, to express love to all of God’s children, whether they be our family members, our friends, mere acquaintances, or total strangers. As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.

If the essence of the Gospel is love, then what better thing to have more of in our lives

serve god, give of yourself, because through service, love grows.

I love you all, I pray for you, and think of you everyday,

have a good week

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment