Monday, June 9, 2014

God is Love

From: Dalton Kenneth Moller <dalton.moller@myldsmail.net>

Subject: God is Love

Date: June 9, 2014 at 6:03:19 PM MDT





Today's subject is simple, but I think it is what brings peace to my soul most.

I have come to find that anywhere you go there is always proof of the love god have for his children, the most apparent for me is my family. Before this life our heavenly family is where we grew and prepared to come to earth, now here, god has given us families for the same purpose, to prepare and grow for this life and the life to come. Because of families we can have love, belonging, joy, friends for eternity. Families are one of the greatest places we can learn; I have noticed that no matter the family member, whether it is a parent sibling, nephew, aunt, or grandparent. There are priceless lessons that we can receive from each of them regardless of age. The family is a gift, no more a gift for the children, as it is the parents. Also a gift is the Atonement, the greatest gift of all. Our heavenly brother, Jesus Christ because of love, lived a perfect life, suffered the pains of the world (our pains), and died on the cross, because of his love every single person before and after the life of Christ can have peace, have mercy, have love in this life and the next. And all of this is because of the love god has for us, that he sent his son. And the love Christ has for us that he lived the way he lived, and died the way he died. It is finished, he did it for us. It is complete. I would like to share my favorite scripture, because it has given me strength when I have needed it. (1 Peter 5:7) I would quote it directly but I do not have my English scriptures. But it spoke to me and still does when I read it. This life is a test, but we are here because god knows we can complete it. Christ knows our cares, he knows our grief, our aches. He knows because he took them from us. But have we let them go? He is willing to support us, to take our load, strengthen us and make our burden light, but we must allow the atonement into our lives. And he is willing to do this because of the immeasurable amount of love he has for us. Remember the wonderful words we heard last conference.

 ----

 BY PRESIDENT DIETER F. UCHTDORF

In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.

Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless13 and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.

The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.

How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings.

---

I would like to add my testimony to Elder Uchtdorf, I know that all we are, all that we have, all that we can have is because of the love of our god, and our savior Jesus Christ. We can be made whole, made happy, we have someone to cast our cares upon, for he cares for us. I care for all of you and love you. Pray for me, pray for my family. I pray for all of you!

I am sorry I had no stories today but just know the work goes on here in Tahiti! I know with my whole heart that god is love, and the proof is everywhere. Even in the very people I send this to.

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment