Monday, November 9, 2015

Vacation, all I ever wanted

I am so sorry for last week.  We spent our whole day thinking we were so hot going to the airport shooting fire hoses and the "fireman canon" and then we came home to realize "oh yeah school is out all week..." which means there is no email either. So, sorry for that one.  Blame the schooling system! 
So like I said, last week some of our friends invited us to clean and play around with the island’s fire truck.  So we got our fireman merit badge, no big deal! And happy to announce we haven’t seen any bugs in the house, even though last night the curtain from the window brushed up to my face and I had a heart attack.  I think my companion had a bigger one after being woken up to my gasps of terror!
Also, this week I have had some pretty bad stomach cramps.  We think I have something called "rice constipation".   I’m not embarrassed, I’m proud of my Chinese pooping problem! So, we waddled right on over to the clinic and I had a really funny conversation with the nurse as I had to double, triple, and quadruple check where exactly I had to put the creepy clear pill! I was so glad my companion didn’t understand.  He asked why me and the nurse were laughing up a storm, I told him its because constipation is funny! In truth I really didn’t want him to know what was looming in my rear future.
Our "bucket" drain is clogged so we bucket ourselves standing in our neighbor’s dirty laundry water hahaha.  It’s kinda gross when I say it! But it beats having a constant fear of centipedes crawling out of the drain while your showering.
And this week was killer!! We had 23 people at church! I was so happy.  So many inactives and investigators and it was the primary program! The 3 kids did such a good job! We had 30 lessons this week and the numbers just keep going up as the weeks go by! I love my mission and I feel the time slipping though my fingers!
We have a marriage and a baptism fixed for the 2nd of December.  Pray for that family.  They are so great!
All is well here, and we are going to go grill up our fish a guy gave us tonight after our family night! Maybe eat it with some cooked flour yum yum!
I love you all and I know that this work is true and that God provides a way for those who seek him. I am happy to bucket in green water, sleep on plastic chairs, and eat rice for every meal, because I love this work and I love serving my family here at Raroia!
Nothing beats it.
Thanks for all the support
Love you all

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment