Monday, October 26, 2015

Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite

Kuraora
This week was really great.   We have really been picking up our activities because I don’t think this island has had a branch activity all year.  So this week was English class, Sports day and Karaoke night! Most of our activities turn into primary activities as the kids on the island love us, and they are at every one of our activities!
I was worried that karaoke would be lame  but we had a really good turn out! We set up a TV out side our house and had a neighbor bring over his speakers, got a flash drive of the most funny, old, and random music I have ever seen and sang the night away. Who knew that Abba and the Bee Gees made it all the way out here! The fan favorite was "I Had the Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing! Hands down! 
Church was good, and  I learned last minute that I had to conduct and it felt funny saying "we want to thank you for the prayer, for the talk, and for the blessing of the sacrament" when it was me doing it all haha! It was really good!
The only down side to this week were the late night attacks! Thursday night a centipede stung me in the ear lobe.  It was like three in the morning when I jump out of bed telling my companion to turn the lights on.  Then I seaw the little bugger crawl into my pillow! So my companion got the knife and chopped it up while I tried to get the poison out. I was so freaked out I had to read for an hour or so.
Then Saturday night my companion got stung on his shoulder, but that centipede got away, hit and run. Needless to say I don’t sleep with a pillow anymore and I wake up randomly in the night and have to do centipede scans. Nowhere is safe.
On the bright side we fixed a baptism this week for December. We have to really plan ahead with preparing people, because we don’t know if the missionaries will still be here after December! But all is well and we have so many friends here and so many things to do.
Sometimes when God calls you to work, there is not much physical support, but regardless the work still works and blessings still come if you are diligent, obedient, and love God and the people you serve. 
I love my mission and the weeks go by so fast here! In two moths I’ll be home!
I love you all so much and I pray for you. Happy Halloween, I got my scare this week, and every night that I go to bed so don’t worry about me!
This work is true and it changes lives, especially the lives of those who teach it!
Love you all
 Elder Moller!

No comments:

Post a Comment