Monday, November 16, 2015

Jinx, you owe me a dollar

Last night I fell asleep to my companion saying how much his back hurts from sleeping on chairs, and how much it is "worth the risk" to take a chance sleeping on the floor. It should be no surprise that he woke me up in the middle of the night yelling that he had been stung and how bad it hurt. "I’m sick of setting up chairs,” he says. "Finally going to get a good nights sleep,” he says. So yeah looks like we will be sleeping on the chairs again tonight. 
Yesterday was good a church day.  I was a little worried because our primary president left for Tahiti for good, leaving only 5 active members in the branch, 2 of which will be leaving in two weeks. This leaves me my companion and Roldolf as the only active members on the island. It’s great!
So today we decided to go to the reef that is on the outer side of the island, and we adventured. It’s just like walking in water that goes up 8 inches, and looking at tide pools. Normally we find just little shells and stuff but today we found this little puffer fish and then I hear my companion yell "an octopus!".  I got so excited and when I walked up to it, it swam right for me!  It scared me so bad! I felt like Jack Sparrow running through the ocean.
But this week was really good we found some new investigators and we did some yard work for an inactive member. The usual.
All is well here at Raroia, so much to do and so little time.
I know the Gospel is true, I know our message is true and simple. I know God loves all of his children and that it is never to late to change. I can honestly say my mission has changed my life, but I have 40 more days to live it up.
Pray for me, and pray for the people here. I love you all.

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment