Monday, January 19, 2015

It Rains so Hard Here

It Rains So Hard Here

Umm I wish I had more things to say this week, other then we went to Raiatea for a reunion! We get up at four in the morning walk to the dock, get on the boat with a bunch of sleeping people, then take the hour and a half boat ride to Raiatea we get there at about 7:00, eat, contact a few people and walk to the church, exciting stuff! Then we take the boat back at 3:30, Taught lessons, Taught English, it was just a really normal week as normal weeks go! I mean it not really normal, but its normal for me! 

Also I would like to let everyone know that it is avocado season here in the island.  We have avocados everywhere in our house, they just appear in sacks attached to our bikes! My companion doesn’t even like avocados! 

Oh also some lady came over to us to teach us about the science of the universe, and she got mad at me because I told her I didn’t believe in aliens.  She rolled her eyes at me and told me I was closed minded! So I asked her "what does it change to know if there are or not aliens". She didn’t have an answer. 

If any of you are out there stressing about if there are or if there are not aliens, Stop. Worry about the things that matter please. The things that really have an answer to the question "What does that Change”  For example to know that Christ lived changes everything.
That creates hope, fuels Faith, and opens understanding to who we are, and why we are here.

To know Christ lived, is to know that he suffered for our sins, so that we may be forgiven by repentance, and that we may return and live in his presence. To know Christ lived is to know that his birth, teachings, atonement, death, and resurrection are a testimony of the love that Christ and God have for each one of us. To know Christ lived is a testimony that can lift us over doubt, strengthen us in confusion, and lead us out of any darkness that we may find our selves in.

Worry about the things that matter, And I can tell you that this matters a whole lot for me and it can matter a whole lot for all of you if you allow it to.
So allow it to.

Well anyway that’s the news.
I’m so happy to be here, I love this work
I’ll talk to you all next week, I love you all
Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives
I know that my Redeemer lives

Elder Moller

No comments:

Post a Comment