Monday, December 15, 2014

the Chicken got me,aint nobody got time for that

When I say Chicken, I mean the, a horrible sickness here in the ocean islands! 
I’ll explain it a little bit! If any of you have seen the Sword and the Stone and remember the sickness the evil witch gets after her fight with Merlin well its kinda like that! You start with a random part of your body hurting.  Tuesday three fingers on my left hand hurt, then it spread to my other hand, then my elbows, then I got really tired, so by Thursday you think your all healed and that’s when the red dots start appearing, all over! And then you’re just sore, and look like an old person when you walk! It’s not fun, plus you have to say the word Chikungunya a whole bunch and that’s just to much hahaha, but other that that we had a stake concert at Raiatea so we went and sang with our ward with all the other wards in the stake (which consist of three different islands) it was good.  Well that was about it. This week will be better!! Has to be!

I love you all, sorry I don’t have big news for this week
But its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...NOT
Islands are just the same forever!
Oh well Merry Christmas!!!!
Love you all
Until next week!

Elder Moller

From the CDC
Chikungunya (pronunciation: \chik-en-gun-ye) virus is transmitted to people by mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of chikungunya virus infection are fever and joint pain. Other symptoms may include headache, muscle pain, joint swelling, or rash. Outbreaks have occurred in countriesin Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Indian and Pacific Oceans. In late 2013, chikungunya virus was found for the first time in the Americas on islands in the Caribbean. There is no vaccine to prevent or medicine to treat chikungunya virus infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment